7/10/09

Michael Jackson - Million Dollar Bill (Gospel Tract)



The million dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. You broke God's Law, but Jesus paid your fine. That means He can legally dismiss your case. He can commute your death sentence: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus alone, and God will grant you the gift of everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

http://livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=8&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=389&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You also go to hell for talking to or being near a woman who is menstruating. It's in Leviticus.

Which has always made me wonder how I'm supposed to be a Christian, seeing as I am a woman and I don't really have the ability to dissociate.

It's also made me wonder whether I'm supposed to immediately tell anyone who starts talking to me during that time of the month that I'm on my period, because if I don't, then technically I'm letting them committ a sin with me and not doing anything to stop them. Kind of like having sex with someone and not telling them you have herpes, but worse cuz Hell's eternal.

Rad for Jesus said...

You're talking Old Testament, not New Testament.

Unknown said...

Creepier than an inherently innocuous, meaningless, material red shoe being construed as someone's blood?

Unknown said...

Sorry, wrong thread haha. Yeah, but they're both God's perfect, true, and timeless word right? Or did God get it wrong the first time around?

Rad for Jesus said...

I think that's good and this is my own blog, so I can post what I want. The truth is you're just angry and taking it out on me when the real problem is that you have it out against God. I understand that. It's normal and nothing I haven't heard before. But, I still care about you and I forgive you. xxx

Unknown said...

I'm not angry at anyone, sorry if I've come off that way. I'm just genuinely confused, and whenever I ask these questions, I never get real answers. Maybe frustrated fits.

I understand that you have Christian love for me, and I thank you for it, but I'd really like some information too. In fact, I'd prefer answers to sympathy any day.

At any rate, props for expressing yourself. In a world where we have the right to do so, more people should be like you and take advantage of it.

Rad for Jesus said...

I've just looked at this thread again after two years. I know it's been a really long time. I can understand how it feels to read the Old Testament and see all of the various strict laws and regulations of how to live and act, and wonder if we should obey that because it's in the Bible. I once struggled inwardly with that as a new Christian. But, I felt like I couldn't live up to it because it was just too strict and I would keep failing. I started to pray to God about it all. I felt conflicted, like am I supposed to obey all of these Old Testament laws or not. What am I supposed to do as a Christian, someone who really loves God and wants to obey Him. After praying fervently for some answers one day I went to a church service and the pastor gave a sermon about this very topic. It was amazing for me because it was exactly what I had been praying for and it gave me the clarity I needed. The pastor explained to the congregation that the Old Testament was basically a picture of how no matter how hard we try we cannot please God with our works and can never be clean enough on our own. And that is basically why all of those rules are there to show us not only how holy and perfect and clean that God is but also to show us that we can't possibly be perfect ourselves. That's why we need Jesus so much for our forgiveness. What's truly important is that we love and believe in God, and are committed to Him to live our lives as best we can as much as He has enabled us. He doesn't expect us to be perfect, but to simply love and have faith in Him. So, after hearing this sermon it made me realize that I don't need to keep trying so hard to obey these Old Testament laws, but that I need to simply focus on living my life in love and faith.